Closed: about 1925
grid reference TL 705 464
The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
The Bell was located close to the river Stour, Barnadiston Arms and the former Kedington brewery. Frank Sainsbury bought the Bell in 1925, with the condition that it would not again be used as licensed premises.
(information from Peter Rowlinson)
Clare Licensing Session: Only 2 complaints, one was against the landlord (John Betts) of the Bell Inn, Kedington, for allowing drunkeness on the premises on a Sunday - There had been no previous complaint for 13 years. The landlord attended & guaranteed that the house would be peaceably conducted in the future.Bury & Norfolk Post & Suffolk Herald, August 26th 1884**
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.