app

Laxfield White Horse

Laxfield White Horse

closed 5th April 1950

last owner/operator: Lacon's

Station Rd

grid reference TM 274 732

Partly dating from the 16th century, most of the building dates from the 17th, probably as a replacement for medieval parts.

In 1861 it was listed at White Horse Rd

The pub is shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from Hoxne licensing records.

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X