app

Wickham Skeith Swan

Wickham Skeith Swan

North, 52.286342,1.063088

Closed between 1920 and 1970

last owner/operator: Lacon's

The Street

grid reference TM 090 697

It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

The pub was built in 15th century, and later extended.

The village hall was built in 1909 as a men's reading room, to keep them away from the Swan, though it took nearly 60 years to keep enough away from it so that it closed.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from Eye licensing records.

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X