app

Pakenham Royal Oak

Pakenham Royal Oak

also traded as Oak

Closed between 1958 and 1974

last owner/operator: Ex G&K;

Fen Rd

grid reference TL 935 685

The building dates from the late 17th century.

The pub is shown on OS maps as late as 1958. On the 1974 sheet it's marked as "The old Royal Oak", so evidently closed between those dates. Clearly it was a Greene King house; a GK plaque is still visible on the end of the building.

It can be seen on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X