CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 25/09/2018
Ipswich Staff of Lifehistorical closure era: mid 20th century
closed January 12th, 1918
5-7 Hawes St
The Staff of Life was also reported at Purplett Street; it was probably on the corner with Hawes Street.
The closure date is recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)