CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 25/01/2020
Halesworth Eaglehistorical closure era: date unknown
It seems highly probable that this is actually the Black Eagle, also in Chediston Street. However we can't yet prove this. If not, it must have closed before 1874, as we've examined licensing records from that year up to 1967.
Alternatively, it may be an earlier name for the Red Cow; see the historical section.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)