app

Halesworth Wilke's Head

Halesworth Wilke's Head

also traded as Green Man, Crown & Anchor

closed 1815

opened 1795

London Rd

grid reference TM 386 772 (approximate location)

London Road was previously called Pound Street.

Map

map
expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

Footnote

A Green Man is a sculpture, drawing, or other representation of a face surrounded by or made from leaves. Also frequently found on carvings in churches and other buildings (both secular and ecclesiastical).

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(according to Michael Anderton "London Road was known as Pound Street until 1880 and the original location of a pound where the Lord of Halesworth Manor kept stray animals" also see this website.)

X