also traded as Duke of Wellington
123 Chediston St
grid reference TM 384 774
Having studied licensing records from 1874 through to 1967 and found no sign of it, we conclude this pub must have closed before 1874.
The Wellington is also listed in Queen's Street in 1839/40.
The Beccles Brewery was sold with a house, gardens, building plots, a hotel [Kings Head] and 32 public houses previously owned by Frederick William Farr, at the Kings Head in Beccles on 28 Apr 1852. See Suffolk Archives Ref: 559/1 - This sale included the Duke of Wellington, Chediston Street, Halesworth [landlord John Newson]
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)