In the light of the government announcement of March 20th, all pubs are now closed until further notice.

A number of pubs are providing takeaway food and/or drinks during the Covid-19 lockdown. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these terrible times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support of possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Halesworth Half Moon

Halesworth Half Moon

closed 10th October 1907.

opened pre-1861

7 Rectory St

grid reference TM 385 776

The Half Moon's license was expired in 1907 as part of a scheme to consolidate "excess" alcohol licenses.

The street number is taken from the 1909 Rates book.

Our map location and photo assume the street numbering scheme is unchanged.




(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from Blything licensing records.

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)