app

Halesworth Trowel & Hammer

Halesworth Trowel & Hammer

closed 18th October 1910

opened pre-1874

63 London Rd

grid reference TM 385 772

The Trowel & Hammer is historically listed in Pound Street**, which was renamed London Road.

It closed October 18th 1910, as part of a scheme to reduce the number of "excess" alcohol licenses.

The building is confirmed as the old Trowel & Hammer by the Listed Buildings Register.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from Blything licensing records.

(according to Michael Anderton "London Road was known as Pound Street until 1880 and the original location of a pound where the Lord of Halesworth Manor kept stray animals" also see this website.)

X