Closed after 2000
Owl's Green, IP13 8BX
grid reference TM 281 699
It's shown here on an old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
This was a small one bar pub, which is now a B&B.
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post** on Aug-04 in 1874 when Eliza & George Godbold were the landlord & landlady states that :
The morning after a tenpin match for a kettle at the Bell the landlady discovered that a watch had disappeared from her bedroom. One of the bowlers found the watch in his possession and sent it back to the Bell. He was charged with stealing the watch and at his trial admitted he was so drunk that he did not know what he was doing…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.