Closed: unknown era
grid reference TL 974 342 (approximate location)
The Rose reportedly stood where the Post Office now is, so evidently it's been demolished.
To be lett, a well accustom'd Publick-House, situate in the Market-Place in Nayland, call'd the Rose, with convenient Stables and Outhouses thereto belonging, now in the Occupation of Thomas Lutkin. Enquire of Thomas Smith of Nayland aforesaid or at the aforesaid Inn.Ipswich Journal, October 25th 1755***
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)