Combs Ford is part of the Stowmarket parish
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 25/01/2020
Combs Ford Volunteershistorical closure era: Victorian / Edwardian
opened 1861 circa
The pub was owned by Catchpole & Son from 1866 until its closure in 1913.
The former Volunteers was demolished to allow an extension to the adjacent Hubbard's butchers' shop in 1980. That was itself demolished in the 1990s and has been replaced by modern housing.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** historical details supplied by Neil Langridge)