grid reference TM 312 348
opened 1833 (built) 1903 (rebuilt in brick)
owner The Yeo Group
bar / diner
Data from the Food Standards Agency live feed.
Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
- Bar is open to ALL (open all day, every day)
regular real ales
Regular beers: Adnams (at least Southwold Bitter); Woodfordes Wherry
Usually from Adnams
ask for the code at the bar.
Local licensing authority for Felixstowe is East Suffolk
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 21/01/2020
Felixstowe Fludyers Hotel
previously known as: Fludyer's Arms, Fludyer Arms
Real Ale is available here
Undercliff Rd East, IP11 7LU
Much-extended to incorporate a "boutique" hotel, but still retaining a Real Ale bar open to the public.
There's a modern outside terrace with fantastic sea views!
Regular Sunday evening (free) Jazz nights feature top names such as Gilad Atzmon, Toni Kofi and Jim Mullen. See Jazz East for gig listings.
The current building dates from 1903 (see history).
Curiously, the 1910 Felixstowe Rate Book lists the Fludyers as a restaurant, not a pub or hotel.
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Pub is accessible to disabled customers
Railway station about 0.9 mile away (see public transport tab for details)
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper & book information from Bob Mitchell)
Sir Samuel Brudenell FLUDYER, BART died on 17 Feb 1833 aged 73 and is buried in Nacton.