app

Framlingham White Lyon

Framlingham White Lyon

also traded as Lion Inn?

Closed post-1912?

opened pre-1686

Market Hill

grid reference TM 285 634

A document at Suffolk Record Office lists a "White Lion as possibly having stood in Church Street in 1912.

According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, a deed of 1686

describes The Griffin Inn as lying between the Crown Inn and the Lion Inn Yard.

It seems reasonable to assume that the Lion Inn was an older name for this establishment, thus giving us an idea of its age.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X