Closed between 1957 and 1973
grid reference TM 490 882
The Crown is shown on OS maps at least as late as 1957; by the 1973 sheet, it's shown as "Crown Cottage" so evidently closed between those dates.
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
Jon Sedgwick tells us that George Crouchen was his great-great-grandfather and all the details given are correct. He also added that Samuel Shenfield who was recorded as the owner in 1901 was the son-in-law of Mary Ann Crouchen the previous owner (she died in 1899).
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.