Mutford is unusual in still retaining the same name by which it was recorded in Domesday. St Andrew's church is a Grade 1 listed Round Tower Church with Galilee porch.
Mill Road marks the location of a windmill which was demolished in 1922.
The village appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Mutforde".
The 1844 White's Directory also lists a beer house run by Robert Stratford.
The 1855 White's Directory also lists a beer house run by Robert Stratford.
The 1865 Kelly's Directory also lists Robert Stratford as a beer retailer.
The 1874 White's Directory also lists two beer houses run by George Crouchen (& shopkeeper) and Robert Stratford.
The 1888 Kelly's Directory also lists Mrs Mary Ann Crouchen (& shopkeeper) & Shadrach Sharman as beer retailers.
The 1891-92 White's Directory also lists two beer houses run by Mrs M A Crouchen (& shopkeeper) and Shadrach Sharman.
The 1900 Kelly's Directory also li…
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.