Closed: between 2013 and 2015?
27 Egremont St, CO10 7SA
grid reference TL 828 474
The pub is shown (but unnamed) on this old OS map from about 1924 (interactive map)
The precise closure date is uncertain, but was probably after 2013 and before 2015. Now a B&B.
It was a cosy, unspoilt pub with heavily beamed ceilings. Known to date back at least to 1793, when the Bury & Norwich Post reported a meeting of the Glemsford Association at the inn.
To be lett or sold, the Cock Inn, Glemsford and a Straw-Berry and Cherry Ground containing about two acres...Enquire of Samuel Twine of Glemsford.Ipswich Journal, June 5th 1756***
A reference appears in the Ipswich Journal, April 11th 1767*** to the Cock in Glemsford.