pulling together logo

Although the government has now allowed pubs to reopen, many are still unable to do so safely, while most if not all are only able to accommodate limited numbers of customers. Many of them are still reliant on providing takeaway food and/or drinks. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.

If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.

Brandon Star

Brandon Star

Closed about 1872

Market Hill

grid reference TL 784 864 (approximate location)

1839/40 Tithe Book (held at Bury Record Office)

Property: The Star

Owner: Robert Green

Tenant: Harvey Tilney

There's no mention of “The Star” in the licensing register of 1872, (held in the Bury Record Office) so it must have closed.





(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(census & historic data from Ken Griffin)