also traded as Sheers
grid reference TM 166 448 (approximate location)
The Shears is known to have been trading in 1744 as the Sheers, but had closed by the 1880s.
It's listed as the Shears in St Margaret Street.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)