app

Culford White Hart

Culford White Hart

closed December 1840

The Street

grid reference TL 837 700

The White Hart is now called Benyon Lodge and is residential. It was closed down by Culford Estate owner Richard Benyon because he regarded it as "a scene of moral debauchery".

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census detail supplied by Ken Griffin)

X