app

Boxted King's Head

Boxted King's Head

Closed mid-20th century

opened mid-19th century

Street House The Street

grid reference TL 828 511

Street House was originally the farmhouse to Street Farm until the mid-C19 when it was converted into the Kings Head public house. It continued in this use until the mid-C20 before being converted back into a house. It is marked as part of Street Farm on the 1843-1894 OS map, which appears to show the house divided into two, with the smaller left hand block perhaps functioning as a separate cottage.Listed Buildings Register

The building itself dates from the 16th century.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X