Although the government has now allowed pubs to reopen, many are still unable to do so safely, while most if not all are only able to accommodate limited numbers of customers. Many of them are still reliant on providing takeaway food and/or drinks. Some offer deliveries, while others are selling from the premises. This page lists details of those we know about.
If you can give any of our pubs some support through these difficult times by buying some takeaway food or drink, please do so. Our pubs need as much support as possible if they're going to still be there for us when the crisis is over.
Beccles Caxton Club
Beccles Caxton Club
This is a club, so it's possible that drinks are only available to members, though some clubs allow CAMRA members (and others) access. Please check before visiting.
Gaol Ln, NR34 9SJ
grid reference TM 423 904
Spacious social club conveniently situated a short walk from train and bus stations and close to the centre of town. CAMRA members can sign in as a guest (on Saturday evenings a small charge is made to cover entertainment). It has a central bar, TV and darts room and a snooker room. There is also a large function room, garden with children's play area and bowling green. Guide dogs only are allowed. Four real ales and many real ciders are available.
- Accessible to disabled customers
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area: includes playground for children
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Cider (real draught, not keg) available: a large range of ciders
- Club allows CAMRA visitors
- Family friendly
- Function room available to hire: available for club members only to book
- Live music: most Saturday evenings
- Pub sells beer from local brewers
- Smoking area: in garden
- Sport TV
- Traditional pub games available
- WiFi available
Railway station about 0.2 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)