Closed between 1840 and 1920
grid reference TM 163 445 (approximate location)
Peculiarly, a confectioner with an on-sales license, which seems to have stood somewhere close to the Ancient House.
The closure date is recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)