Closed: about 1990
grid reference TL 994 792
The pub can be seen on this old OS map from about 1903 (interactive map)
Now residential and called Holly Bank.
According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the Commercial Inn was recorded as long ago as 1790. The current building appears to have been erected after 1908 as it is obviously different to the one in the photograph of that year.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.