South East, 52.45292,1.5722
Real Ale is sold here.
108 Grove Rd, NR34 9RE
grid reference TM 428 898
free house, opened 1906 or 1907
Privately owned and popular two bar free house serving the local community situated a short walk from the town centre and train station. The lounge bar serves three real ales on hand pump with tables, bar stools and sofas for seating. The sports bar contains the dartboard and pool table which the pub's teams use to play in local leagues. Sports events are shown on large screens. The former car park is now a partially covered outdoor seating area.
- Accessible to disabled customers
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area: Patio in former car park
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Dogs welcome
- Evening meals: Street food truck in garden
- Lunchtime meals (not just snacks): Street food truck in garden
- Pub sells beer from local brewers
- Real fire
- Smoking area: Garden
- Special events: Disco bingo, karaoke, piano man
- Sport TV
- Traditional pub games available
- WiFi available
Railway station about 0.5 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
Two room local. Guest beers hoped for soon.
Beer: Greene King IPA, Abbot, Seasonal Ale.CAMRA's 1997 Suffolk Real Ale Guide
Planning permission to build the hotel was granted in June 1906.
Called the Ingate Hotel from at least 1911.
Listed at 68 Ingate in 1911 and Ingate in 1916.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)