Pub open Mon-Thu 12-10, Fri-Sun 12-8 with car park converted to additional seating. Takeout still available.
Real Ale is sold here.
108 Grove Rd, NR34 9RE
grid reference TM 428 898
Privately owned local community two bar free house with several areas for sitting and drinking. The front bar has one hand pump and tables for seating and leads to a sports area and the back bar serves three real ales on hand pump with tables, bar stools and sofas for seating with a patio area to the back. A Lacon plaque can be found on the outside wall, although the pub was reported in the press as being built by Colchester Brewing Company in 1902. Live sports and music via plasma screen. Darts & pool are played here regularly and the pub's teams play in local leagues.
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area: a small patio at rear
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Cider (real draught, not keg) available: Lilley's
- Dogs welcome
- Live music
- Pub sells beer from local brewers
- Real fire
- Smoking area: patio on car park side
- Special events
- Sport TV
- Traditional pub games available
- WiFi available
Railway station about 0.5 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)