app

Winston Royal Oake

Winston Royal Oake

Closed pre-1840

Debenham Rd

grid reference TM 171 613 (approximate location)

A ‘Royal Oake’ is mentioned in 1754. (Cambridge University Library, EDC 7/30 vol 6 court book 1752-1777): Barnaby Gibson to James Mann: a messuage or tenement known by the name or sign of the Royal Oake. It is reputed to have been what is now Rogers Farm, next to the green, number 94 on the 1846 tithe map.from Steve Podd

Map

map
expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X