Closed between 1970 and 2000
opened about 1842
grid reference TL 932 707
Auction of the Crown Beer House, Ixworth, a new-built dwelling house with a large garden, stable, barn & convenient outbuildings, in the occupation of Mrs CAULDWELL.Ipswich Journal, September 7th 1842**
At the Ixworth Petty Sessions of December 1884 the license for the Crown at Ixworth was transferred from Edmund Lambert, deceased, to Frederick Hicks.Ipswich Journal, January 1885**
Thetford Road was called Greyhound Lane until after 1901.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.