Closed some time between September 2009 and May 2013
69 Crown St, IP27 0JU
grid reference TL 771 859
The present day brick-built Crown Pub replaced an earlier public house of the same name which was little more than a cottage.
It has now been converted into a Punjabi restaurant.
The pub is shown on this old OS map from about 1903 (interactive map)
The crown is a simple sign to show loyalty to the reigning monarch and apart from the commonwealth era (1648-60) has been a pub sign for over 600 years.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1872 BSE Record Office details & Slater's Royal National and Commercial Directory 1850 from Ken Griffin)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.