app

Stowmarket Rose & Crown

Stowmarket Rose & Crown

closed 1992

opened 1867

32 Bridge St

grid reference TM 052 580

A one-time beer house and brewpub. The full pub license wasn't granted until March 2nd 1960.

It's now residential.

Originally the Rose & Crown was a beer house and was probably started by William Turner, then later run by his son Joseph.

George Daiper was the landlord from 1875 to 1898. The last Victorian independent brewer in Stowmarket, George also ran the Crown Brewery associated with the beer house.

By 1916 the pub was owned by Greene King . It closed in 1992.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

X