formerly Walnut Tree
North East, 52.19024,0.9918
Real Ale is sold here.
39 Violet Hill Rd, IP14 1NE
grid reference TM 045 588
opened about 1863
owner/operator: Admiral Taverns
Recently refurbished, this pub now offers a changing selection of beers on handpump and craft beers listed on a blackboard. A beer menu also advertises their craft beer selection which includes some unusual options for the area and good value snacks. The current landlord and landlady took over in March 2019 and have renovated the pub throughout and removed the pool table and dart board. The pub holds quiz nights every Monday. Vinyl nights on Wednesdays. Beer garden.
Children are allowed in the beer garden until 2000.
Helen & Ivan warmly welcome you to The Walnut Tree on Violet Hill Road in Stowmarket.
Good Beer Lives Here.
We will be pouring 6 Cask beers & 10 Keg beers and Ciders. Harmoniously being served along side a range of Spirits, Wines, Softs, Coffee & Tea.…
- Accessible to disabled customers
- Beer festivals: Octoberfest
- Beer garden or other outside drinking area: Child friendly until 8pm
- Beer served through handpumps
- Bus stop nearby (see transport links for details)
- Cider (real draught, not keg) available
- Dogs welcome
- Family friendly
- Function room available to hire: The back bar is available for hire free of charge.
- Separate bar
- Smoking area
- Special events: Quiz night every Monday
- WiFi available
Railway station about 0.5 miles away (see transport links for details)
Nearest railway station
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)