grid reference TM 230 741
Now residential, the building dates from the late 16th or early 17th century.
It was listed in Diss Road in the 1881 census. (Perhaps an old name for Queen Street?)
The building's identity is confirmed by the Listed Buildings Register.
The pub is shown (though not named) on this old OS map from 1884 (interactive map).
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.