Please tell us if you know of any pubs here ready to reopen when outdoors service is permitted.
Recorded in Domesday as "Finingaham" or "Felincham", Finningham appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Fynnyngham".
Allwood Green is shared with four neighbouring parishes and was the largest recorded Suffolk green (about 900 acres) until it was enclosed in 1819. The other bounding parishes were Gislingham, Walsham le Willows, Rickinghall Superior and Rickinghall Inferior.
Finningham Station was opened in 1849, but was closed by Beeching in the 1960s. Confusingly, it was actually in Bacton. The Cotton Railway Tavern was adjacent to the station and has been seen recorded in Finningham.
1861 Census: James Coldham (Farmer & Beerhouse Keeper, Allwood Green, pub not named, Head/Married/51/born Tilligham, Essex).
The 1865 Kelly's Directory lists John Friend and Edward Selsby as beer retailers.
The 1869 Kelly's Directory lists Edward Selsby and William Sterry as beer retailers.
The 1874 White's Directory lists Edward Selsby as a beer house keeper.
The 1901 census lists an Unnamed off-sales beerhouse (Run by Anna Bailey) in Gislingham Road.…