app

Brandon Fox & Hounds

Brandon Fox & Hounds

Closed between 1938 and 1969

Thetford Rd

grid reference TL 789 863

This pub was reputedly little more than two small cottages and it appears on OS maps up to 1938. In the late 1960s, they were both pulled down and the present building, once called the Forest pub, (now a private house), was built on the site.

The pub can be seen on this old OS map from about 1903 (interactive map)

old OS map

Map

map
expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(1872 BSE Record Office details from Ken Griffin)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X