app

Bury St Edmunds Anchor

Bury St Edmunds Anchor

closed 1915

opened 1860

123 Northgate St

grid reference TL 855 643

The Anchor was demolished after being bombed in 1915. It stood in Northgate Street, opposite Looms Lane.

The 1911 census lists The Anchor at 123 Northgate Street. Earlier listings show it at 119 & 117.

The 1916 Kelly's Directory containing an entry for the pub had probably gone to press before the 1915 bombing.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X