app

Bury St Edmunds Hare & Hounds

Bury St Edmunds Hare & Hounds

Due to the latest government regulations, pubs currently have to close by 10pm. Opening hours displayed on this page may not take account of this change.

Closed 1920-1970

opened 1783

19 - 22 Risbygate St

grid reference TL 850 644

The Hare & Hounds was demolished in 1938 to make way for a car park.

From 1760 onwards, it is listed in the Ipswich Journal as a carrier stop.

The pub is shown on this OS town plan of 1885.

old OS map

Map

map
expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(various directory information courtesy of Desmond Herring)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X