app

Bury St Edmunds Jolly Toper

Bury St Edmunds Jolly Toper

also traded as Southgate Brewery, Brewery

closed 1908

opened about 1833

13 Southgate St

grid reference TL 858 637

Parts of the Jolly Toper date from the 16th century, others from the 19th. It's listed at 12 Southgate Street in 1891.

The building is identified as the Jolly Toper in the Listed Buildings Register.

It's shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X