app

Bury St Edmunds Three Crowns

Bury St Edmunds Three Crowns

South West, 52.24041,0.72051

closed 1932

opened 1724

6-7 Southgate St

grid reference TL 858 637

It's shown on this OS town plan from about 1850 (larger map).

old OS map

Parts of the building date back to the 16th century, the façade is 19th century. It's identified as the Three Crowns in the Listed Buildings Register.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X