app

Bury St Edmunds Falcon

Bury St Edmunds Falcon

closed 6th January 2012

opened 1869

58 Risbygate St, IP33 3AZ

grid reference TL 846 644

A "U" shaped public bar and smaller lounge. There was a large garden.

Planning permission for redevelopment of this site was granted to Greene King in December 2011, the pub closed early in 2012. Despite rumours that it was to be converted into a mosque, the building is now residential.

It's shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X