closed 30th September 1959
last owner/operator: Lacon's
grid reference TM 262 775
The pub is shown on this old OS map from 1884 (interactive map).
Mr Robert CHASE, deceased, Innkeeper, Butcher, Miller & Farmer, send accounts for settlement to Mrs Martha CHASE at Angel Inn, Fressingfield.Ipswich Journal, 31 March 31st 1841***
The Angel Inn, Fressingfield, with small brewery & butchers shop in the occupation of Mrs CHASE, particulars available from Mr Chase at the Inn.Ipswich Journal, June 5th 1847***
Sale of the effects of Mrs CHASE at the Angel Fressingfield.Ipswich Journal, August 28th 1847**
J.G. COUSINS, Sadler & Harness Maker, has taken this Inn.Ipswich Journal October 16th 1847***
Mr James Barber, of the Fressingfield Angel, obtained an occasional license to sell on the ground of the Fressingfield and Weybread Show on the 23rd June 1885, and also an extension of one hour for his house on the same day. Ipswich Journal, June 1885**
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.