South East, 52.23572,0.97073
Closed :between 1920 and 1970
Bacton Rd, Haughley Green
grid reference TM 029 638
It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map
The Fox was at Haughley Green, which is about halfway between Haughley village and Bacton.
Mary gave evidence that Arthur Mothersole denied any knowledge of a fire that destroyed a farm barn in Shelland, where he had been previously employed. A footprint that belonged to Mothersole was found near the barn, which was unsurprising as after all he worked there, but he was still charged with arson. He was tried and acquitted.Ipswich Journal, March 30th 1872** (when Mary & Jacob Saddler were the landlord & landlady)
An interim certificate was granted to Mr J George for the Fox Inn, Haughley at the Stowmarket Petty Sessions held on July 2nd 1883.Bury & Norwich Post, July 3rd 1883** (when J George was the landlord)
At the Stowmarket Petty Sessions held in October 1885 the application of Herbert Andrews for an interim license, at the Fox ale house, Haughley Green, was granted…
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1891 census information from Dudley Diaper)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.