app

Bury St Edmunds Joiners' Arms

Bury St Edmunds Joiners' Arms

Due to the latest government regulations, pubs currently have to close by 10pm. Opening hours displayed on this page may not take account of this change.

Closed 1980

opened about 1840

57 Garland St

grid reference TL 854 645

Now residential, the pub is shown (though not named) on this OS town plan of 1885.

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

Footnote

The Company of Joiners were granted a coat of arms in 1571. Traditionally they were usually employed in producing more ornamental work than carpenters.

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

X