app

Bury St Edmunds Priors

Bury St Edmunds Priors

closed 26th January 2014

opened 1933

Priors Ave, IP33 3LT

grid reference TL 842 638

A large 1930s estate pub which had a comfortable lounge and popular, lively bar - especially at weekends.

Its license was transferred from the Horse & Groom in St Andrews Street South, which closed at the time the Priors opened.

Closed January 2014. The site was purchased by developers who replaced it with a number of homes. It was demolished at the end of May 2015.

Map

map

Gallery

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X