app

Mendlesham Royal Oak

Mendlesham Royal Oak

also traded as Oak

Due to the latest government regulations, pubs currently have to close by 10pm. Opening hours displayed on this page may not take account of this change.

closed 3rd January 1955

last owner/operator: Cobbold's

Church Rd

grid reference TM 105 658

The building dates from the 17th century or earlier. It used to be used as the local courthouse as well as being a pub.

It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. interactive map

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(Closure date from Hartismere licensing records)

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X