app

Redgrave Bunch of Grapes

Redgrave Bunch of Grapes

also traded as Grapes

North East, 52.361459,1.001212

Closed between 1840 and 1920

The St

grid reference TM 044 779

The pub is named, though its location is unclear on this 1886 OS map.

old OS map

This old OS map from about the end of the 19th century (interactive map) makes its location clearer, though not naming it.

old OS map

We also believe that this may have previously been called the Grapes, as the 1881 and 1891 censuses list the Grapes, not the Bunch of Grapes. If you know that the Grapes was a separate building (or can confirm that it wasn't) please let us know.

Having examined the Hartismere licensing records from 1923 to 1962 and found no trace of this pub, we conclude it must have closed before 1923.

The street address is from 1891 census.

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Historical interest

Historical interest

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com )

(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X