app

Clopton Crown

Clopton Crown

closed 1995

B1078

grid reference TM 216 539

Now residential.

The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Crown's license was issued in 1869. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.

The pub is shown on this old OS map from about 1902 (interactive map)

old OS map

Map

map

Gallery

expand

Landlords

Landlords

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.

X