Closed between 1884 and 1903?
grid reference TL 765 634
The Crown is shown on OS maps at least as late as 1884, but disappears from the 1903 sheet onwards, so presumably closed between those dates.
According to A Survey of Suffolk Parish History, the Crown dates back at least to 1723.
The pub can be seen here on the 1884 OS map
Some of the later landlord/resident entries may actually have been mis-assigned to this pub, as they seem to have occurred since its probable closure date.
James Earl a tinker slept in a barn belonging to the Crown. Eleven fowls, two of which were decapitated, were discovered in the barn, these birds had been stolen from a farm where Earl was working. Found guilty he received 9 months.Ipswich Journal, January 15th 1876** (when Mr Palmer was landlord)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)