also traded as sometimes the Three Pigeons
Closed: by 1870
opened before 1823
grid reference TM 418 901
The pub was recorded as the Pigeons in 1823, the Three Pigeons in 1840 & 1844, and the Pigeons in 1855.
By 1870 it had closed; it was demolished in 1963 and was replaced by the building now on this site.
The precise location is unknown, though A Smith, in his paper "Inns of Beccles in 1929" (kindly supplied by Daryl Ling) tells us that it was "almost at the Bungay Road end of Puddingmoor". He also tells us that regattas used to be held on the river nearby and this inn was used to supply refreshments for the officials.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Some information from records transcribed by Foxearth & District Local History Society.