Closed between 1970 and 2000
grid reference TM 048 759
The Angel was built early in the 18th century, with 20th century alterations.
An attempt to close the pub under a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses was made in 1925, but failed. The pub's final closure date is unknown, but the latest Eye licensing records we've seen show it still open at least as late as 1967.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(* historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)