app

Lowestoft Hole in the Wall

Lowestoft Hole in the Wall

also traded as Pilot Boat

52.484894,1.756107

Closed before 1840

181? High St

grid reference TM 551 940

Ivan Bunn tells us:

The "Hole in the Wall" was located at No. 156 High Street before its demolition in 1897 prior to the street being widened. 156 High Street is noted in a conveyance dated February 1863 as being "...lately used as a beer house formerly known by the name or the sign of the 'Hole in the Wall' afterwards 'The Pilot Boat'..." At that time the landlord was William Porter. It had closed by 1871 and stood empty for a few years.

The Hole in the Wall was demolished and replaced by the Three Herrings.

Map

map

(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

X